Sandi Flores, RN, C-AL has dedicated the majority of her nursing career to assisted living. After graduating, she worked ICU before transitioning and becoming an advocate for the practice of nursing in the assisted living setting.
With over 25 years of experience in assisted living, Sandi has embraced and encouraged the trinity of clinical efficiency, advocacy, and ethics. She has served as direct care provider, as well as participated in nursing research related to assisted living. As an educator she has directly taught more than 25,000 assisted living professionals in 15 years, but now dedicates her practice entirely to clinical leadership.
- June 2009 to Present RCFE Workgroup. State of California Department of Social Services Community Care Licensing Appointed Provider Member
- Board Member of American Assisted Living Nurses Association 2002-2008
- President of American Assisted Living Nurses Association 2002 -2007
- Member of State of California DSS/RCFE Committee for the calendar year of 2008
- 2007 Editorial Advisory Panel, The Senior Care Digest Interdisciplinary Report
- Board Member for Center for Excellence in Assisted Living 2005-2007
- Board Member Assisted Living Workgroup – The Advisory Group to the Senate Committee on Aging, Washington DC 2004-2006
- National Alzheimer’s Association Advisory Panel for development National Guidelines for Dementia Care 2006
- Co-author bimonthly column Geriatric Nursing 2004-2009
- RCFE Core of Knowledge Workgroup Advisory Panel, State of California Department of Social Services February 2000
- Department of Social Services CCL: Educational Advisory Panel Jan 1998-2002
- Contributing Author Assisted Living Nursing: A manual for Management and Practice; Springer Publishing, 2009